Sunday, June 6, 2010

Today I was doing some asterisk call routing debugging from remote, so I needed a SIP client.

Initially I used Siphon on my jail broken iPod Touch, which worked well enough to do the testing I needed to do.

Afterwards I decided to try and find a working sip client for the Mac I am using...

I started by looking at sip clients on wikipedia, first I tried Blink, it was noted as recommended by apple, but it didn't successfully connect to the sip server, so I moved on.

Linphone took too long to install.

Finally I tried Telephone, it was quite small and simple, and just worked.

So now I have a working SIP client on my mac laptop.

No comments:

Post a Comment